Copyright © 2005-2016
The town of Baviacora was established in 1637 by General Pedro de Perea, who conquered the local Opata indians. The name comes from the Opata language and means "grass of tranquility".
The main attraction is the large civic plaza, with its many olive trees and benches for relaxation. The magnificent Nuestra Senora de la Concepcion Cathedral overlooks the civic plaza. The original building is next to the modern cathedral and very little remains of that structure.
The principal economic activity in the area is agriculture including cattle ranching. Other activities include small commercial business and the sale of agricultural products.
Local Guides in Baviácora:
Aurora Corrales, Ph: 623-233-5076
Posada Familiar, Ph: 623-233-5076
Restaurants in Baviácora:
Pemex Station: Yes
Municipal President (Mayor): Jesus Manuel Robles Garcia
For advertising on this web site, please
visit our Contact Us page
This site owned and operated by